Life has an interesting way of unfolding in front of us. What keeps it even more interesting is how it unfolds differently for each one of us. As your therapist, my intention is to provide you with a safe, non-judgmental, compassionate and caring space to help guide you through life's many, and often unpredictable challenges -- with effective change.
Together, we can explore the many different facets of what you're dealing with to create the changes you want.
I offer a complimentary 15-minute exploratory session over the phone so we can both decide if working together is a good fit. Click here to get started!
Five Ways Therapy Can Help
Life isn't always a straight path with signs directing us where to go. There are times in our lives when we feel lost, confused, stuck and depressed. Often times we don't know how to make changes to create a better, more fulfilling life. Here are 5 ways effective therapy can help you:
1. Find what is meaningful to YOU: It's not about what everyone else wants you to be or thinks you should be. After over ten years in the corporate world, I realized my successful career was never going to be fulfilling because it was never meaningful or rewarding to me, but it was for those surrounding me. I was terrified to "let people down" and as a result, sacrificed my own happiness. I'm here today to share that life doesn't have to be so draining. You have the capacity to make changes and have everything you want to Live the Life you Love.
2. Gain a clear perspective: I can help you organize your thoughts and feelings. Often time our thoughts are not aligned with our feelings, causing an internal conflict that can show up through symptoms of anxiety and depression. It sounds straightforward to be "in alignment" with our thoughts and feelings, but our human psyches tend to cloud our innate needs and wants - making us "think" our behaviours are purposeful, when in fact they are running you into the ground. Gaining clarity is an essential step to change and transformation. Together we look at what's 'really' working and what isn't, to not only understand the root of the issue, but work on resolving it.
3. See the big picture: Let's take the time to look at the full picture and get to the root of the problem so you can feel good in ALL areas of your life. Let the positive changes from one area of your life expand to all areas - whether it be career, relationships, family, health or finances.
4. Get to know Discomfort: Now don't run just yet! It's really not that scary, but it is my intention to push you beyond your comfort zone with as much ease and grace as possible. I'm here to challenge any paradigms, thought and behaviour patterns with curiosity and compassion.
5. Have an Advocate: Change isn't always easy. Together, we monitor how you're progressing while you achieve each goal(s). Along the way, we measure what's working and what's not and adjust where necessary.